Having finally (on Tuesday) moved the last item from our old apartment to our new apartment, I started a mental tally of some of the costs that we incurred with our move.
- New non-slip bath mat ($19.99)
- Sink/dish protectors ($19.97 for 3) – since we no longer have a dishwasher
- Dish drainer ($5.99)
- Floor cleaning/care products ($15.00) for our new laminate floors
- Deep carpet cleaning ($190) – we had to have the bedrooms cleaned as I am allergic to dog and guess who had violated their lease before us…
- Food for our volunteers ($35)
- Safety locks for the sliding glass doors ($25)
- more that I can’t think of at the moment.
So just that comes to $310.95. Yikes
And it doesn’t include the additional food costs (from not having a working kitchen for a week) or the three pro-rated days that we were charged extra as we couldn’t get all of our belongs out of our old apartment.
I think we learned some lessons, and my husband’s take away from all of this is the following declarative statement that he made last week:
“We are not moving again until we can afford to hire movers.”