I owe a ton of our success to the MS Money program that was part of my laptop package in 2006. With that program, we were able to set up a budget, make debt reduction goals, project cash flow and download our accounts regularly to make sure that we were on top of our bills.
Well, of course, once we find something that works, it is going to become obsolete…
Microsoft not only stopped producing updates, but it is no longer supporting the editions that are out there, which means even my password no longer works to log me in. Yikes.
So, I’m on the hunt for the program that comes the closest.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Produces a bill schedule
- Allows to link to online accounts to download transactions
- Has a debt reduction program that can calculate interest and “paid-off” dates
- Ability to project cash flow
- A budget program that has easy to designate categories
- Not too expensive 😉
- Not based online so I can work on the budget without having to find internet service
Any thoughts? Am I asking for too much?