It has been TOO long!
I have much to share about the last 16 months as that is how long it has been since I’ve managed to eke out any details from this rollercoaster life of mine, but I will just start with this:
- Our foster daughters moved in a little over a year ago
- They have special needs and it has pretty much consumed us for the last year
- My husband lost his job at the beginning of the year (more on that later)
- I had been on a reduced schedule (~55%) for the last year – I went back to full-time at the beginning of July
- We have been struggling along on 1/4 of our normal salary, so we’ve made some steps backward to make ends meet.
- Because of the consuming nature of older, special needs foster kids, we went without a formal budget for a year. Oh. My. Goodness.
- I am back and we’re ready to re-embrace our accountability to ourselves and to YOU!
How have YOU been?